Upgrade your C4, C5, or C6 Corvette cooling system with a Direct Fit Aluminum Radiator:
With a 100% stock 1984-2009 Corvette, the factory radiator will work efficient enough to keep the car running cool. As soon as you begin modifying your Corvette, you are going to push the factory radiator beyond its limits. The reason for radiator failures in modified Corvettes is a result of the single row core design. The end tanks were made of plastic and held in place with small crimp tabs and a neoprene rubber gasket was used to seal the tanks to the core. Frequent end tank failures and gasket leaks are just a few of the common problems associated with factory radiators installed in modified Corvettes. For complete assurance that your next radiator will not fail, consider a Direct Fit Aluminum Radiator. They feature press formed end tanks that are tig welded directly to the double row core, providing a permanent seal.
Zip Corvette offers the best Direct Fit Radiators on the market for C4, C5, & C6 Corvettes. Our Corvette Direct Fit Aluminum Radiators are just what the name implies; a direct fit. Many companies offer replacement Corvette radiators that are considered “direct fit”, but in fact, most require some alterations. True Direct Fit radiators are designed to install into the stock mounting and use the factory connections without any modifications or adapters. Each Direct Fit Radiator starts with a USA made core that is furnace brazed in a force nitrogen furnace. They feature two rows of 1″ cooling tubes (which will help double the cooling capacity of stock radiators), a serpentine fin and are epoxy free. Each Direct Fit tank is manually tig welded by expert craftsmen, providing the ultimate in strength and appearance.
From the earliest C4 to the latest C6, Zip has a Direct Fit Aluminum Radiator to match your Corvette. If you would like to install a Direct Fit Radiator but you want to keep your Corvette looking as original as possible, then simply have the radiator coated with ”Black Ice”. This Black Ice paint is applied to the outer surfaces of the radiator only, so the cooling tubes and any other components inside the fin material are not affected. Tests show that the Black Ice Coat will not disrupt the cooling process therefore allowing the Direct Fit Radiator to continue to out-perform all of its competition.
If you have had trouble finding a quality C4 Corvette Radiator read, on about Zip Corvette’s Direct Fit Radiators; we have them available for all 1984-1996 Corvettes with both automatic and 6-speed transmissions. Also available to purchase for 1990-1996 Corvettes are Direct Fit Radiators with an optional, built in Engine Oil Cooler. No extra modifications are required for this radiator and all installation instructions are included.
The stock LS1 and LS6 engine will thrive with a new C5 Corvette Direct Fit Aluminum Radiator from Zip Corvette. They are available for all 1997-2004 Corvettes with both automatic and 6-speed transmissions. If you would like to add an engine oil cooler to your C5, Zip can offer that as well. Purchase a Direct fit Radiator with the EOC option and the separate Engine Oil Cooling Kit which includes necessary adapters, hoses and fittings to complete the installation. With the EOC option, your C5 Corvette will be able to keep the engine oil running at optimal operating temperatures.
- The first is a direct replacement for the 2005-2009 non-Z51 6-speed transmission. This radiator does not have the engine or transmission oil cooler option.
- The second Radiator is for the 2006-2009 Z06, 2005-2009 Z51 automatic, and 2007-2008 Z51 A6 equipped Corvette. This radiator includes the transmission cooler but not the engine oil cooler option.
- The third Direct Fit Radiator includes a factory style engine oil cooler only. It is a direct replacement for 6-speed non-Z51 Corvette owners who want to add an engine oil cooler. This radiator includes a high performance 7 plate aluminum engine oil cooler with 3/4-16 SAE oil ports which are identical to the factory GM radiator. You can use the factory GM oil line assembly (quick connection fittings required) or install the #10AN fittings (included) and use stainless steel hose assemblies.
- The last C6 Direct Fit Radiator offered from Zip Corvette Parts is a direct replacement for 6-speed or automatic Z51 equipped Corvettes. This radiator includes a factory style transmission and engine oil cooler.
Another great cooling system upgrade to any C4, C5 or C6 Corvette is a Dual Fan Upgrade Kit. These upgrade kits will boost air flow up to 40% over stock allowing your Corvette to run cooler then ever. The C4 Dual Fan Upgrade Kits are available to fit both the factory radiator and the Direct Fit Aluminum Radiators in 1990-1996 Corvettes. All required relays and wiring is included. The C5 Dual Fan Upgrade Kit fits all 1997-2004 Corvettes. It is designed to fit both the factory radiator and a new Direct Fit Aluminum Radiator. Note that the electrical connectors are different than factory fans and splicing will be required for installation of this kit. The C6 Dual Fan Upgrade Kit fits all 2005-2009 Corvettes with a Direct Fit Aluminum Radiator. This kit like others includes all relays and wiring for a complete installation.
- 1984-1989 Corvette Electric Fan Upgrade Kit
- 1984-2009 Corvette Direct Fit Aluminum Radiators
- 1990-1996 Corvette Dual Fan Upgrade Kit – Direct Fit Aluminum Radiator
- 1990-1996 Corvette Dual Fan Upgrade Kit – Factory Radiator
- 1997-2004 Corvette Dual Fan Upgrade Kit
- 1997-2004 LS1 & LS6 Engine Oil Cooling Kit
- 2005-2009 Corvette Dual Fan Upgrade Kit
- Corvette Direct Fit Aluminum Radiator Black Ice Coat