Many Corvette enthusiasts who have restored 1953-1982 Corvettes have almost certainly come across one common question:
Should I replace the bushings on my Corvette with rubber or polyurethane?
When it’s all said and done, your final decision will come down to what you want out of your Corvette.
With the rubber bushings from Zip Corvette, you know you are getting exact reproductions of the originals used in the factory upon assembly. They look, feel and perform just as the stock bushings would have 30, 40 or even 50 years ago, therefore, meeting any NCRS judging requirements will not be an issue. The problem with rubber bushings is that they are far less durable and do not perform like polyurethane bushings. They begin to break down just after a few years and before you know it, a new set is once again on the list of Corvette Parts to buy.
If you are tired of the rubber bushings or would like to add some performance to your Corvette, then polyurethane is the way to go. Polyurethane bushings maximize your suspensions potential with quicker, more predictable responses, boosting the performance level of your Corvette. Not only do they increase the performance level but they last much longer then rubber. The only problem with polyurethane bushings is that they are not original. They will not meet NCRS judging standards. If you are restoring a show car, you should stay with the rubber as opposed to polyurethane.
If you can’t make up your mind which way to go, then settle for the best of both worlds. The new C1, C2, and C3 restoration polyurethane bushings from Zip Corvette Parts are designed to look like the original rubber bushings but perform and last like polyurethane. They feature a “matte” finish and utilize the factory brackets designed for your Corvette. Best of all they are guaranteed to never rot, deform or wear out due to overuse like the rubber bushings, making restoration polyurethane bushings a one time purchase item that will last for years with factory looks and performance gains.
- 1953-1962 Corvette Rear Upper & 1963-1982 Front Upper Shock Grommets (Resto Poly)
- 1953-1982 Corvette Rear Shock Lower Grommets (Resto Poly)
- 1953-1982 Corvette Front Sway Bar End Link Bushings (Resto Poly)
- 1963-1967 Corvette 15/16″ F41 Front Sway Bar Bushings (Resto Poly)
- 1963-1967 Corvette 3/4″ Front Sway Bar Bushings (Resto Poly)
- 1963-1982 Corvette Rear Spring Cushion Set (Resto Poly)
- 1965-1967 Corvette 9/16″ Rear Sway Bar Bushings (Resto Poly)
- 1965-1982 Corvette Rear Sway Bar Link Bushings (Resto Poly)